Day One Oat Groats
I think most people like oatmeal. It is a great economical breakfast if you make it yourself at home. I have shared how I make our own instant oatmeal packets at home in the past.
But sometimes we want something a little different. Which is when I will make oat groats. I purchase the oat groats in the bulk food section at Winco Foods.
I think the last time I purchased the price was $.58/lb. So it makes for a very inexpensive breakfast.
Let me share the recipe I use at our home,
- 1 cup oat groats
- 3 cups water
- Milk and extra add-ins of your choice
- Place the oats in a pan and add the water.
- Boil them for about 3-5 minutes the night before, then cover and let soak overnight.
- In the morning, heat the oats to a simmer and cook with the lid slightly ajar for about 30-40 minutes.
- Once cooked add a little brown sugar or maple syrup and/or dried fruit.
- Add milk or soy milk to taste and enjoy.
What’s your favorite cheap and easy breakfast idea?
If You Liked this Recipe
Subscribe and you'll get Recipes
sent right to your inbox!
Click the button below and fill out the form.