Day Two Rice Cereal
Here is another very economical breakfast recipe too. Like yesterday’s oat groats recipe this recipe is easy to make. In fact, if you have leftover rice from dinner the night before it can be a really quick breakfast.
We tend to make this most when we have rice leftovers from dinner. Using up those leftovers that can easily be forgotten in the refrigerator. We like to add dried fruit or grated apple which is also really good in this recipe.
A little nutmeg or cinnamon can really increase the flavor too.
Here is the easy-peasy recipe,
- Cooked rice leftovers are great
- Chopped Dried fruit grated apple or any other fruit will work
- Milk or Milk Alternative
- Cinnamon or Nutmeg to taste
- Place the amount of rice you want into a bowl.
- Add milk or milk alternative to moisten the rice.
- Add fruit and microwave until warm about 30 sec to 1 minute.
- Remove from microwave and add in cinnamon or nutmeg or both.
- You can also add some vanilla if you want.