This is probably the easiest candy you could make. It just takes two ingredients. Well, maybe three if you want to mix your chocolates. All you need is a bowl, a microwave, and the ingredients and you are set to make this candy.
I recently made a batch of this candy using the chocolate almond bark and almonds. But any sort of nuts would work in this recipe. So if you don’t like almonds give it a try with any kind of nut you like.
I will sometimes add some dried fruit, chopped pineapple or cranberries works really nice.
If you want a more chocolate flavor to the candy add in some milk chocolate chips or semisweet chips for a more dark chocolate.
You could even skip the chocolate almond bark altogether but you will need to temper the chocolate so it doesn’t get spots of white on it when it is cooling. I always add in some of the almond bark just to be sure that doesn’t happen.
Once the candy is all mixed up I spread it out fairly thin on a cookie sheet and then let it set. If you want to speed up the process you can chill the candy in the refrigerator.
Once the candy is cool and set all you need to do is break it up into serving size pieces and enjoy.
This recipe makes for an easy hostess gift or a quick dessert. I’m going to include the almond bark this year on my Christmas plates that I make up to share with family and friends.
- 12 oz Almond Bark or 6 oz Almond Bark and 6 oz Chocolate Chips
- 2/3 cup Chopped Almonds or any chopped nuts you prefer
- In a microwave-safe bowl, place the almond bark or the almond bark and chocolate chips.
- Microwave on high one minute, then stir.
- Microwave another 30 seconds, then stir. Continue to microwave for 30 and stirring until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Add the almond pieces in and stir well.
- Spread the chocolate candy onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet.
- Let cool at room temperature or you can refrigerate it to speed up the cooling process.
- Once the candy is set, break up into serving sized pieces.
Have you ever made your own Almond Bark before?
Read more posts in this 31 days of Homemade Sweet Treats series.
If You Liked this Recipe
Subscribe and you'll get Recipes
sent right to your inbox!
Click the button below and fill out the form.