If you are like me you always have something to finish up right before dinner. Whether it be getting coupons clipped for my shopping trip that evening or grading the kid’s homeschool papers for the day, there is always something vying for my attention right before dinner.
On those busy nights, I need some quick dinner recipes to make.
I find when I have things to get done, popping something into the oven to bake on its own gives me that little bit of extra time I need right before dinner. So a recipe with very little hands-on time is great. That’s what inspired me to create this easy chicken recipe using Land O’Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter. I found the Sauté Express® Sauté Starter right in the dairy aisle at Walmart, next to the butter.
Sauté starters are little cubes of butter, olive oil, and herbs that make getting dinner prepared even easier. To make this quick dinner recipe (which I’m including below), you will need some chicken, broccoli, and the Sauté Express sauté starters.
First I preheated the oven to 400 degrees and then dropped two of the sauté starters into my baking dish and popped them into the oven while it was preheating. While those were melting, I started to prepare my broccoli.
When roasting broccoli, you don’t want to cut the broccoli too small as it may burn while cooking with the chicken, so be sure to cut the broccoli into medium to large portions. Wash well and set aside.
For the chicken, I like to use boneless skinless breasts. They cook faster than the bone in pieces and I find them on sale regularly at a good price, so my freezer is usually stocked. If they are frozen be sure to thaw them, so they will cook in the same amount of time as the broccoli.
Once the Sauté Express sauté starters are melted in the baking dish, remove the dish from the oven and place the broccoli in the dish and stir to coat. Then push the broccoli to one side and coat the chicken in the remaining sauté starters in the pan.
Place back in the oven to bake for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink in color.
To make this a full meal you could also add some potatoes to the oven to bake alongside the chicken and broccoli. I love the smell of baking potatoes, don’t you?
All that is left is to let the chicken rest about 5 minutes and then enjoy. To make this recipe it only took me about 10 minutes of hands-on time, mainly to prepare the broccoli. So not too bad for a nice home cooked meal.
Here are the recipe and a video to show just how quick and easy it is to make this recipe.
Can’t see the video? try here.
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 3 cups Broccoli, cut into medium to large spears
- 2-3 cubes of Land O' Lakes Sauté Express® Sauté Starter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large baking dish place 2-3 of the Sauté Starters. If the chicken breasts are large you may need to use two baking dishes to accommodate both the chicken and the broccoli. If you need to use two dishes, place one and a half cubes in each dish.
- Add the baking dish or dishes to the oven, to let the sauté starters melt, while you are washing and cutting the broccoli.
- Wash and cut the broccoli into medium to large spears and set aside.
- Once the sauté starters are melted remove from the oven and stir to distribute the herbs evenly if needed.
- Add the broccoli to the baking dish and toss to coat well with the herbs and oil. Move the broccoli to one side of the dish if you are using one pan.
- Add the chicken to the baking dish and turn to coat well.
- Place the baking dish or dishes in the oven and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
- Remove from the oven and let the chicken rest for about 5 minutes to let the juices redistribute.
What’s your favorite quick dinner recipe?