I love making comfort food for my family. One of our favorites is to make a roast beef in the crock pot. I love it because I can prepare the roast for the crock pot in the morning and not have to think about dinner until a few minutes before we eat. I love it when dinner can cook itself. 🙂
I start out by adding some seasonings to the roast before I place it into the crock pot. I usually will use salt, pepper, parsley and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. Once I have the roast all seasoned up, I set it aside and prepare the vegetables.
I like to slice an onion and place it in the bottom of the crock pot and then place the roast on top. I think this helps to keep the bottom from drying out and gives the broth a little more flavor. After the onions and roast are in the crock pot I add the vegetables along the sides. I don’t usually add any water to my crock pot. I find the roast and vegetables make plenty of juice.
I just set the crock pot to low and let it cook about 8-10 hours. Once it’s done, I remove the roast and let it sit for a few minutes while I place the vegetables onto a platter. I usually try to slice the roast against the grain of the meat but sometimes it is so tender it just falls apart.
I usually will keep any broth to make Beef Noodles the next day with the leftover beef. I love it when I can make my family a lovely home cooked meal without having to spend hours in the kitchen. 🙂
Easy Crock Pot Beef Roast
- Place the sliced onion into the bottom of the crock pot.
- Sprinkle the roast with the seasonings and then place on top of the onions.
- Add the potatoes and vegetables to the crock pot.
- Set the crock pot to low and cook 8-10 hours, or on high 4-5 hours, or until done.
- Once the roast and vegetables are done, remove the roast and set it aside to rest.
- Remove the vegetables from the crock pot and place them on a serving platter.
- Slice or shred the roast and serve with the potatoes and vegetables.
What is your favorite comfort food meal?