What to Cook for Dinner?
When you are watching your budget, you need good healthy snacks for the kids that won’t break the bank. This quick and easy deviled eggs recipe is perfect for snacking and keeping your budget in line.
Eggs are such a healthy option for a snack. These deviled eggs are quick and easy to make. But be forewarned, they won’t last long, at least they never do at our house.
I might be a little biased but I think this easy deviled eggs recipe is the best one. It’s the same recipe my grandma and aunt used to make. When deviled eggs were made they never lasted long. But who could blame anyone for eating one or four of these delicious eggs for a snack? They just taste so amazing.
How to Make This Easy Deviled Eggs Recipe
To make this recipe, the first task that needs to be done is to hard boil the eggs. I usually hard boil my eggs by placing them in a pan of cold water over high heat. I place a lid on top of the pan. Once they start to boil rapidly, I turn off the heat and let them sit on the burner for 14 minutes with the lid on.
The hard boiled eggs usually turn out just perfect with this hard boiling technique. I cool them in an ice water bath for a few minutes and then peel them with this easy technique.
Now they are ready to be deviled. I don’t know how these eggs got the name of deviled eggs it seem so wrong to me but that’s what everyone knows them by. Maybe because they are so good they are devilish or something. I don’t know but anyway.
Some of the links in this article are my affiliate links. Which means when you use them I can make a little money, thanks for your support!
I made a quick video showing how I make these quick and easy deviled eggs. If you prefer not to watch a video keep on scrolling down to get the printable recipe.
Ingredients for Deviled Eggs
I’ve seen all kinds of ingredients for deviled eggs in many recipes. I think you could have a different deviled egg recipe each week if you wanted to, but I really like this classic deviled egg recipe. It takes just a few simple ingredients to make.
- Mustard, we prefer yellow
- Salt, we prefer pink Himalayan salt
- Bread and Butter Pickle Juice or Vinegar
- Paprika for sprinkling on top
- Parsley for sprinkling on top
Assembling the Deviled Eggs
Once your hard boiled eggs are cooled, it’s time to devil them. Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk. I like to smash the yolks with my potato masher. Before I mash the yolks, I’ll add in the pickle juice, mustard, salt, and pepper. I’ll mash the egg yolks until smooth.
Once the yolks are mashed smooth, I’ll add the mayonnaise and whip with a spoon to mix in well.
Now it’s time to fill the whites with the delicious yolk filling. I place the yolk filling into a zipper bag and cut the corner off. Then squeeze the bag to fill the whites of the egg. It’s and easy way to make them look nice and neat.
To finish them off you can sprinkle with paprika and a little parsley if desired.
Here’s the printable recipe so you can easily add it to your recipe binder.
Quick and Easy Deviled Eggs, This Recipe is the Best
- 8 Hard Boiled Eggs cooled
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt or to Taste
- 1/4 teaspoon Pepper or to Taste
- 3 teaspoons Bread and Butter Pickle Juice or Vinegar
- Paprika for sprinkling on top optional
- Parsley for sprinkling on top optional
- Once your hard boiled eggs are cooled. Cut the eggs in half and remove the yolk.
- Place the yolks in a bowl with the pickle juice, mustard, and salt and pepper mash with a fork or with a potato masher.
- Once the yolks are mashed smooth, add the mayonnaise and whip with a spoon or spatula to mix in well.
- Place the yolk mixture into a zipper top bag and cut the corner of the bag off. Use it to pipe the yolk mixture into the whites of the hard boiled eggs.
- To finish them off you can sprinkle with paprika and a little parsley if desired.
That’s how quick and easy it is to make deviled eggs. The pickle juice is what makes this recipe different from others but if you don’t have pickle juice you can always use vinegar in a pinch. But I think the pickle juice taste best.
What your favorite ingredient to include in your deviled eggs?
More Egg Related Posts