There is just something about the cool crisp air and the new batch of fresh crisp apples that makes me so happy when fall arrive after a long hot summer. So it’s only logical that I would be sharing some yummy apple recipes this time of year. If you love apples you’re going to love this yummy apple crumble cake recipe.
I’ve been sharing a lot of apple recipes this month and but I couldn’t help sharing this one that we just love. It takes apples and combines them with cake and the yummy crumble topping like in my apple crisp recipe. To make a yummy and delicious apple crumble cake recipe.
I think you could probably call this an apple coffee cake, it would be great for a breakfast treat or for dessert after dinner, it’s a pretty versatile recipe. If you wanted a caramel apple crumble cake, you could drizzle the apple crumble cake with this caramel sauce right before serving. I haven’t tried it yet, but how can you go wrong with caramel sauce?!
To Make the Apple Crumble Cake Recipes You’ll Need,
- An Apple
- Baking Powder
- Milk or Dairy Free Milk
- Brown Sugar
- Butter or Dairy Free Margarine
Making the Apple Crumble Cake Recipe
I like this recipe because you can make it in one bowl, making clean up easy too. Start by placing the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and diced apple into a medium bowl.
Measure the oil, milk or dairy-free milk, and the egg then add to the dry ingredients. Stir to combine but don’t over mix as it will make the cake tough.
Once the dry ingredients are well-incorporated place into a greased 9-inch square baking pan. Then set aside while you are making the crumble topping.
To Make the Crumble Topping
Add the brown sugar and flour into a small bowl. Cut in the butter or margarine until the pieces are about the size of peas.
Sprinkle on top of the cake batter and then bake, until golden brown and cooked through.
The apple crumble cake has a great smell to it as it bakes. It’s a great combination of yummy cake with nice pieces of apple baked in and a yummy crunching topping. If you love cinnamon you can add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the crumble topping or even a little nutmeg or apple pie spice. It will make it even more delicious.
Here’s the printable recipe so you can save it for later.
- Cake Ingredients
- ¾ cup Sugar
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 cups Apples, diced
- 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ cup Oil
- 1 Egg
- ½ cup Milk or Dairy Free Milk
- Crumble Topping Ingredients
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Flour
- ¼ cup Butter or Dairy Free Margarine
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour, diced apples, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the oil, egg, and milk to the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Once the dry ingredients are incorporated, pour into a greased 9-inch square baking pan and set aside.
- Mix the flour and brown sugar for the crumble topping in a bowl. Cut in the butter until the pieces are about pea size.
- Sprinkle the crumble topping on the cake batter and bake at 375 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Let cool slightly and serve with whip cream or drizzle with caramel topping. Serve warm.
What’s your favorite fall dessert? Does it have apples in it?