Last night I got off to bed about 10 minutes late. But I did get my 5 tasks done before bed. I was up on time this morning and made good progress today. I did a lot of homeschool planning (one of my goals for this week) and worked on my menu plan for next month. Then this evening I realized again I missed doing my exercising. The exercising part of this challenge is definitely a challenge for me but I will work harder on getting it in, I promise. Now onto today.
The list I am working on
1. Bed by 10:30 each night
2. I have my top 5 things to do each evening
3. I have set a time to wake up at 6:30 and out of bed by 7:00
4. Each morning I will pray and name three things I am thankful for to help my day get off to a good start.
5. Have a plan for your day, I set up 5 goals to work on for the remainder of this year.
6. Make a Realistic To Do List, I am trying to keep mine to 5 tasks a day
7. Get some exercise in, I am committing to 10 minutes of exercise a day
8. Eat Something Nutritious
9. Stop telling yourself “I am not a morning person”
10. Get Dressed in Something that makes you Feel Good
11. Want to make a change? Replace a bad habit with a good one
I made a morning plan of action. I made a plan that I will do each morning in the first two hours I am up. Most of these items came quickly to my mind as I thought about what I would like to get done each morning.
Some of these items on my list I have a habit of doing but a few of these I need to make sure to get them done so I don’t push them back later in the day until they just don’t get done. Can you guess which one I push off a lot? If you guessed exercise you would be right. So it will be included in my things to do in the first 2 hours I am up.
Here is my plan of action, my 5 items to do each morning
1. Get dressed right away after I am up
2. Get breakfast for husband and the kids and eat
3. Unload dishwasher if needed/ clean kitchen
4. Check e-mail and take care of any answers (no more than 30 minutes spent on this task)
5. Get my 10 minutes of exercise done!
I am committing to getting these things done each morning for the next 3 weeks and then I will see if something is not working and change as needed. I took Crystal’s advice and limited my list to 5 items although I easily came up with more than 10.
Do you have a few items you do each and every morning to get yourself off to a good start?
Other Posts in this Series
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 1 and 2
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 3
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 4
Make the Most of your Mornings, Day 5
Make the Most of Your Mornings Day 6
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 7
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 8
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 9
Make the Most of you Mornings Day 10
Make the Most of your Mornings Day 11